Congratulations to everyone who auditioned! More information will go out for performers soon.
|Kai Adams & Owen Davis
|Abby Carlton & Emma Martinez
|Dylan Mantell & Owen Davis
|Aidan Giavelli & Harrison Freedman
|Dallas Dickson & Hunter Sellier
|Emily Rowell & Owen Davis
Full performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzSnNpzfssM
Practice Tracks: https://www.choralia.net/bd01mp3/bd01mp3en.htm
Click the speaker symbol on the left for the track! Sorry it sounds like robots…
PDF of audition measures: Chichester Psalms Audition Materials
Auditioned section begins and ends at the marked red lines!
Just a few quick bullet points of information going into our first break of the year!
- Fundraising: Students participating in the Heritage Candle Fundraiser should turn in their money and order forms this Wednesday (9/18)! Boon Supply Fundraiser items should be in the week after break.
- Spring Trip – Florida Tour: Turn in your permission forms ASAP! We’re well on our way to needing two buses, but don’t wait if you’re planning on going! Get the form turned in as soon as you can. All students who will be in a choir class during the spring semester of this school year are welcome to come with us!
- Concert Attire: Most students were assigned their concert attire today, and if they’re missing anything it will be assigned tomorrow! If you have any concerns regarding sizing, I need to know no later than Tuesday afternoon in order to rush order any replacement items. Please let me know of any questions as quickly as possible.
- Enrichment and Uniform Rental Fees: If you haven’t already turned them in, get them to me as quickly as possible! For reference, the choir program has spent around $4,000 this year ordering new concert attire alone… Those fees get used up real fast! $75 for enrichment, and $40 for tuxes, $20 for dresses. Please let me know if you have any questions!
If there’s anything you’d like further clarification on, please let me know! For parents who prefer communication over Remind message, feel free to join the Harrison Choir remind by texting the message @hoyachoir to the number 81010. Have a great week-before-break!
The following are some dates to keep in mind coming up:
- PAST DUE – Handbook paperwork
- See previous posts for the handbook!
- Every Tuesday & Thursday – All State practice sessions
- Thursday 8/22 – Open House and Enrichment/Rental Fees due!
- Enrichment – $75
- Uniform Rental –
- Tux – $40 (if your student is in their first four semesters of choir)
- Dress – $20 (if your student is in their first four semesters of choir)
- Saturday 8/24 – Choir Pool Party!
- Wednesday 8/28 – Early Release Day
- Wednesday 9/4 – Tri-M Music Honors Society Interest Meeting
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns! Looking forward to seeing/meeting everyone at Open House this Thursday!
Mrs. Megan Schuitema
Harrison HS Director of Choirs