Check your Remind for a link to a choir social on Wednesday evening at 7! Download the Zoom app to join from your phone or computer!
Download Zoom HERE!
This spring’s Cabaret will be online! We’ll be taking selected performance videos and compiling them on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube to share with the world. Auditions are starting NOW through Friday April 3rd at 8pm. See the Google Form link below for details!
See the list below for updates pertaining to the AP Music Theory exam this semester:
- The teacher led AP classes and review start tomorrow, Wednesday March 25. https://www.youtube.com/user/advancedplacement
- The daily course schedule may be accessed at https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/pdf/ap-class-schedule-daily.pdf.
- Classes are mobile friendly and will be available on demand.
- Units included and excluded from each exam are listed in chart form at https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/about-ap/news-changes/coronavirus-update.
- College Board will post more exam specific information on April 3rd.
- There are no cancellation fees for AP exams this year.
I’m sure a lot of y’all have been waiting on this email, but it will come to no surprise that the Florida Tour scheduled for April 16th through 19th has been cancelled. The Cobb County School District policy is that ALL field trips previously scheduled have been cancelled. Click here to read up on Cobb’s COVID-19 guidance. This will come as a heavy blow to a lot of the kids, and I am very sorry that we’re in a place that we had to cancel, but it is obviously outside of my control.
Regarding refunds, I am working with all of our trip vendors to get back as much money as possible. Luckily, many of our final payments were not due until April 1st, so most of that will come back to us. There are a couple deposits that will have to remain, particularly that with our charter bus company, His Majesty Coach. I intend on being fully transparent with you all about the money we were able to get back, and how much that means we are able to return to you and your students. Money earned through fundraisers cannot be reimbursed, but payments made in cash or check will be refunded, with a percentage removed for non-refundable deposits. Look for more information on that as the semester progresses.
I hope that everyone is staying home (when you can) and safe, and that your kids aren’t stir crazy yet! I miss making music with them dearly.
Mrs. Megan Schuitema
Harrison HS Director of Choirs